Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gordon B. Hinkley Challenge

Is it too late to re-do the Gordon B. Hinkley challenge? I have recently set the goal to start and finish the Book of Mormon again. I haven't been doing well with remembering my daily scripture study, and I was trying to think of a way I could be more motivated. Because, let's be honest, in the time I spend writing blog entries, I could easily read a chapter or two.

So, I decided to start another blog--an online scripture study blog. I invited some writers, and some of them invited a couple more writers, and now we have six! Each writer takes a day (my day is Monday) and goes over the chapter we have scheduled for that day.



It is called The Bucket Filler. Here is the site: www.thebucketfiller.blogspot.com

We've only just started the Book of Mormon, so I believe we're doing 1 Nephi Chapter 11 today. Have you been wanting to renew your dedication to scripture study? It isn't too late to catch up to us! Feel free to hop on over and leave comments in the discussions. We're on track to finish before the end of the year.

This blog isn't anything big or fancy. We didn't start it with the intention of getting big and attracting a lot of readers; we are doing this because it is uplifting for us to read and discuss the scriptures with each other, and because it is difficult for some of us to get out of the house whenever we want to attend religious classes. Nap schedules will do that to you :). So far, this has been some of the best scripture study I have participated in. When I read a chapter, I will often have thoughts that the person posting that day will address more fully. We can share experiences and thoughts, and it is a great experience.

So anyway, if you've been feeling the need to get your motivation up, feel free to come join us when you can! We don't bite, and we'd love to get to know you and to have more insights brought into our discussions. And don't worry--I don't have any expectations for you. I myself am more inclined to be interested in what a General Authority has to say about the scriptures than Mrs. Random-Sally-thinks-she-has-something-to-say (that is, unless I do know the person). Still, it is nice to have a little online scripture community.

0 comments: