Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Tricks

Ashley has enthusiastically discovered clapping. I find her doing it all the time now. She especially loves to do it to any of the clapping rhymes or songs we know (Pattycake, If You're Happy and You Know it, etc.), and even Everett gets a thrill out of doing it alongside her.

Apparently her verbal comprehension is developing as well, because generally all I have to do is say "clap, clap, clap!" and she will beam and start hitting her little hands together. Sometimes I do it with her, sometimes I don't, but either way, it is a lot of fun.

It seems that I'm always surprised when Ashley reaches milestones. I think this must be typical, since she is the second child and I've been through all of this before. She seems so much younger to me than Everett did at this age, but I know this is because my primary focus in life is not counting down the days to her next new skill.

Here is a quick video of her clapping. She looks all retro--that shirt is a hand-me, hand-me, hand-me down, and I think it was probably for a boy! (not that we care.)

0 comments: