Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day

We had a really good snowfall yesterday. I don't know what the actual count was, but it seemed that there were at least six inches covering the ground (this is nothing to you Utahns, but we take what we can get out here).

And, since Joel finished up with busy season at the end of last week (hurrah!), he was told to stay home.

That's right folks, we had. . .a Snow Day! All together!


Joel took Everett out after his nap, and when Ashley and I joined them, I discovered that Everett was having a lot of fun. Much more fun, in fact, than when I take him out.

When I take Everett out in the snow, we generally just have a running commentary of nature.

"Look, son, notice the distinct shape the icicles coming off the slide have, similar to stalactites one might find in a deep cave."

Ok, not really, but you get the idea. We do just fine, and Everett does learn how to describe things with words like "cold, wet, white, soft", but we're usually lacking in jumping-around-energy.


But this is what happens when Papa takes him out (I'm a little surprised Everett could do anything, given the 47 layers I dressed him in):


Climbing




Sliding so fast your jacket will blow right off





Snow Angels



Laying in the snow





Aaaannnd. . . what's this? We can throw balls made out of snow?


That's so neat--wait--RUN!


Then, in case Joel didn't get Everett snowballed enough, there's always this approach:

(warning: this movie is not edited for length, importance, or clarity)



Then if you add coming inside to a dinner of split-pea soup and hot rye bread, well, you can't have a day more perfect than that. I'm so glad we had this snow day, probably the last of the season, though I haven't checked the forecast. It is always fun when Joel is home on a work day.

2 comments:

RebeckerOnline said...

So cute! I love this age when they go out into the snow all bundled up barely able to walk.

Glad you had a wonderful day!

Pour Les Enfants said...

They look like they had soo much fun in the snow- I think Joel as much as Everett. What a blast. The snow also looks powdery, so great snow day in all.