Thursday, April 2, 2009

Check-up

Ashley had her 9 month check-up today. We're slackers and didn't get in her in at 6 months (which happened to coincide with Joel's busy season), but here are her current stats for those of you who care:

Height/Length: 27 1/2 inches (38th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs, 10 oz (25th percentile)
Head: 17.5 inches (50th percentile)

So, there you go, whatever all that indicates. She's healthy and happy and that is all I care about.

It was fun to see how much she enjoyed being examined, though. Yes, enjoyed. She is a happily curious child, and this translates to her being interested in all of the poking and prodding and instruments. Even the doctor was surprised at how much fun she was having. I was just glad I didn't have another Everett who screamed every time someone touched him (he is still scared of the scale).

Even though the office was practically empty, we waited for a long time anyway. I happened to have the camera in my purse, so Ashley and I entertained ourselves. You get two pictures because 1) I couldn't decide which one she looks cutest in, and 2) this is my blog and I can do what I want, even if it means it looks like I think my kids are the center of the universe (I actually don't).


As a side note, the doctor did recommend that I start her on lamb, then chicken, then turkey, and so on. . .in that order.

Lamb? Are you kidding me? I don't even get to buy lamb for myself! There's no way I'm buying it for someone who thinks three week old cheerios from the floor are a treat.

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

lol....lamb? I don't think I have even ever had lamb! So funny!