Sometimes I just love my little boy; let me count the ways!
1) He spends much of the day being enthusiastic about anything and everything, exhibiting special admiration by making his mouth round and letting out a little "ohhhhhh."
2) If he spills something, he will voluntarily go to the kitchen, get a dishtowel, and wipe it all up.
3) He takes care of his own dishes by putting the garbage in the trash can and putting the dishes in the sink.
4) He likes to give four different kinds of kisses (butterfly, eskimo, smack, regular), and loves hugs, especially from his Mama. (His mama loves them too, and may or may not have encouraged him.)
5) He is usually as thrilled with the things Ashley is doing as if he is doing them himself. He loves to share with her, and will often pick out a special toy for her to play with. He hates when she messes up his train tracks, but is generally pretty patient with her. I often find them giggling together in his room.
6) He is on a kick where he wants to sleep on the floor with all his pillows and stuffed animals, and three blankets.
7) He always wants a song about Jesus after he is in bed, and I have to stroke his face as I sing it to him or he will search out my hand and place it on his head. Then we have to sing Popcorn Popping or The Itsy Bitsy Spider, to which he will do all the actions.
8) He is perfectly content to snuggle on the couch and watch basketball with Joel (a popsicle being a special bonus), but he loves to run around and explore in the outdoors.
9) He is fascinated by animals of every kind and most of his vocabulary is devoted to them and the sounds they make. Hyena? hee hee hee. Wolf? Arooooooo!
10) He loves to help me cook and will do everything exactly as I do it. He knows the drill well enough to begin doing things correctly even before I do. He does know, however, to stay far, far away from the oven. We'll see how long that will last.
AND, a bonus:
11) He has taken to the camera. I showed him how to take a picture the other day and he was ecstatic. I just downloaded some things from my camera and found these video clips, which I have strung together. I think he swiped the camera from my purse yesterday while I was putting Ashley to bed.
Here. Indulge me, if you're in the mood:
(the first few seconds are dark; bear with me. And take note of the camera drop toward the end--this is why I am not going to keep it in my purse any more!)
Pucker Up
4 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment