(Almost like a date. . .except for, well, you can see for yourself.)
(love you, Mack.)
Joel and I just went up to the DC Visitor's Center and saw the Joseph Smith movie the church put out three years ago. It was very good. I have to say, I usually don't like the Josephs in movies I've seen, but he is one of the better ones.
The movie was well done. During the scene where Joseph commanded silence from his captors who were saying terrible things about the saints (you know the one; "Silence, ye fiends of the infernal pit. . ."), I found myself unable to listen to what they were saying any longer as well. I can only imagine what it must have been like for Joseph and the rest of the church leaders who were subjected to it.
Also, the movie didn't show Lucy Mack Smith very much, but she seemed to be portrayed a lot less spunkily than I imagine her. Is this just me?
I was also impressed with the missionaries in the Visitor's Center. They were great and you could tell that they were on fire with the gospel. One of the sisters I talked to said she is from Uganda, and that the best missionaries come from Uganda. I have to say, she might be right!
The movie was well done. During the scene where Joseph commanded silence from his captors who were saying terrible things about the saints (you know the one; "Silence, ye fiends of the infernal pit. . ."), I found myself unable to listen to what they were saying any longer as well. I can only imagine what it must have been like for Joseph and the rest of the church leaders who were subjected to it.
Also, the movie didn't show Lucy Mack Smith very much, but she seemed to be portrayed a lot less spunkily than I imagine her. Is this just me?
I was also impressed with the missionaries in the Visitor's Center. They were great and you could tell that they were on fire with the gospel. One of the sisters I talked to said she is from Uganda, and that the best missionaries come from Uganda. I have to say, she might be right!
0 comments:
Post a Comment