Even with all the wind and rain, the blossoms are still on the trees.
And, it still makes me happy every time I see them.

a) Ashley has been alive for almost a year, and had never been on a swing until a few days ago.
b) She loved it.
c) I found another great way to keep her entertained for an extended period of time.

The only fun hats are non-hat hats.
If you give your newly-turned 16 year old brother money and a cool shirt for his birthday, you might get not one, but TWO hugs and a kiss on the cheek.
But of course, we won't name any names to protect a certain someone from getting his teenage boy card revoked.
Ummmm. . .how about this one:
Teenage boys still (obviously? requisitely? starvingly?) get excited about candy.
And I learned the recipe for being excited about a boat ride:
Start with a morning full of walking and standing in line.
A pinch of a cool breeze.
A historical river (Hi, Potomac!)
And a whole bunch of excited toddler.
Mix together liberally. Sit back and enjoy.
(but, no matter how hungry you are, don't try the pre-made, warmed-over cheeseburger.)
ALSO, it is impossible to get a toddler to stand nicely in a family picture, hold still, be happy, face forward, and keep his eyes open all at the same time, no matter how many pictures you take. Stop trying. It's not gonna happen. Your descendants will just have to think he grew up without eyeballs.
Babies, Two-year-olds, Fathers, Mothers, Aunts and Uncles, and Grandparents can all be excited about seeing lambs.
But only some can be excited about seeing lambs as well as eating them.
If I lived during the time of the Revolutionary War, I would want to live at George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate.
If you get a chance to visit, jump on it and go. It is worth it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment