Everett fell asleep on the couch before 12:30 pm this afternoon.
He is still asleep, and it is just after 4 pm.
Am I the only one who starts to get paranoid that my child has stopped breathing and is laying unconscious in his room? Am I? Am I the only one who compulsively checks on him just to calm my nerves?
It's a good thing Joel isn't here. If he was, he would tell me:
"He's fine, Elise. Don't do it. Don't open that door; you'll wake him up."
And I would walk to the door.
"Don't do it, Elise. I'm warning you, he'll wake up and be all grumpy."
I would turn the handle and peek in on him.
And then I'd close the door and wait to hear sounds of a grumpy toddler.
When they didn't happen, I'd turn to Joel, smile, and say,
"What was that, honey?"
And I'd happily go about my business knowing that 1) My child is still alive, 2) He was taking a blessedly long nap, and 3) I can be right about something, for goodness' sakes!
Pucker Up
4 days ago
2 comments:
Wow, I not kidding - Morgan and I have this exact same discussion almost nightly! I end up telling him (after I've succeeded in not waking him)... "Hunny, Mother knows best!"
I always check on my kids if they take a long nap.
Post a Comment