


Ashley is getting close to being a year old. . .and yesterday was her first time with a sippy cup of any kind. Yes, I know, it has taken me a long time. It still feels like she is a baby! She was a fan and did really well with it from the start. I love this age because the kids don't notice that I usually do 1/3 (unsweetened apple) juice and the rest water. All they know is that it is a treat! And yes, for those of you who are wondering, the sippy cup is BPA-free.
ALSO, last night I began the first stages of getting Ashley to sleep through the night. She is in her crib in our room, which is a bit of a problem because even though I have blankets draped over the rails, Ashley can see us when she stands up. Usually I would go in and check on her a couple of times, lay her down again, and reassure her, and then leave, but I can't do that in the middle of the night when I am sleeping five feet away. So I decided to go with it. I laid down and watched, and every time Ashley stood up, I would go lay her back down. After about 10 times of that, she would lay down as soon as she saw me get up, after which I'd still tuck her in. After about 10 times of that, she stayed down and went to sleep.
I'm encouraged, and I'm hoping I can get her to sleep all the way through the night. I have been putting it off because I feel bad making her go back to sleep if she is hungry. But, she woke up this morning and didn't seem any hungrier than she usually is, although she did have one night feeding.
So, does anyone have any advice for when we put the kids in the same room three weeks from now? I'm hoping it won't be too much of an issue, but what if she is still not sleeping through the night? Is there anything I should remember? Did your older kids learn to sleep through the fussing, if there was any?
Pucker Up
4 days ago
1 comments:
Elise, the best advice I can give is shut the kids bedroom door and hopefully you won't hear anything. If that doesn't work just roll over and try to go back to sleep. If you worry about how that effects your kids future, then think about Joel. Of course maybe that will cause you to worry.
Love, Dad.
Post a Comment