Thursday, April 16, 2009

Inspections and Lockboxes

On Saturday we're having a quick inspection of our apartment, courtesy of our Landlord.
Then, if we don't have major problems (we don't), she will put a lockbox on our door and officially list our apartment. People may start walking through by Saturday afternoon.


I politely requested that we have at least an hour's notice before people come, and that they can't come between the hours of 1 and 3 pm. Hopefully we won't have too many people come through before someone decides to rent our apartment.

It has been a good little place, and we've been very happy here. Our complex is actually a condominium complex, so most of these people are owners unless they are renting privately, like us. I think it has made a big difference in the atmosphere of the residents here. And, our landlord is great--she even sends us a gift card in the mail during Christmastime.

All of this is making our move seem much more real. We have a couple of weeks left, and that is a scary thought. I have so much left to do!

2 comments:

Tori said...

That's crazy! I didn't realize it was so soon. Good luck.

Holly said...

yuck! I know how you feel. Our house has been for sale since January and I HATE IT because realtors will call and ask to come during nap time or Sunday right after church.... so we have to find a "hideaway" for a few hours. On top of that you have to quickly pick everything up and make sure all beds are made and things are wiped off/dusted, etc. Needless to say it has not been fun. Especially since we are moving and I've been packing boxes and cleaning out closets, etc. I feel like my whole house is in disaray!

In 8 days we make the trek from AZ to UT for the big move. I'll be glad that part is over... been then another transition phase happens as we live with my in-laws for a month until our rental home is ready and then we will live there for a year until we decide on a location to buy.... and we'll have our 3rd kids by then. It's gonna be a lot of change in the next year. Hhhmph.... oh well, better while the kids are young and have too many attachments, right?

Anyway, good luck with the move... when and where are you headed? I don't envy you... but I can commiserate with you. :)