Monday, June 1, 2009

Gaming

Everett is beginning to really enjoy computer games. I have used websites before where the games are mostly comprised of pushing random buttons, but lately Everett has been able to do more complicated games.

Since we have laptop, using a mouse is a little tricky for his small hands, so I try to find games that are limited to simple movement. I found a really, really great game on nickjr.com. It is based on the Ni Hao, Kai-lan show (which I had never heard of).

Tolee's bamboo bounce


It is perfect for Everett, and I would recommend it to anyone who has kids his age. There is no clicking and dragging (somewhat problematic for him when using the laptop). You move your finger up on the mousepad to climb the bamboo stick, and down to make him climb back down. Then you click to jump to the next one. If Tolee falls off a bamboo stick, the game puts him right back on. Everett can often play this game for a long time.

I am always on the search for more games. Has anyone else found some good ones?

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

My little girls love that show especially Oakley. Will have to check it out.

Lisa J. said...

I am embarrassed to say that Abbie learned to read from a Grover game on the computer.

Lisa J. said...

I meant rhyme not read. I taught Abbie to read (with the help of a great book), but Grover taught her to rhyme!