Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Many Faces of Everett

Joel was finishing up some projects at school last night until very late, so I told Everett that he could stay up with me and watch TV. It's a win-win situation. He gets to stay up, and I get to watch with someone who is too little to complain much if I make him watch HGTV. If he does, I just remind him that he could go to bed and he quiets the whining right up.

Of course, we never end up actually watching TV. Last night, Everett found the camera and wanted to take pictures of anything he could. Then we both made silly faces. And guess what? You get to see them! Don't you feel so thrilled? If you're not related to Everett, feel free to skip this one.

First up, Everett had to take some pictures of his Chicken Little craft. We went to the storytelling time at Notre Dame Bookstore, and this was the activity after the story. He loved it. He gave the bird a nice beak and some legs, but decided he needed a whole bunch more than just a single pair.






Then, of course, I don't do a satisfactory job, so Everett has to step in and shoot the picture.

Just think of it as modern art, all around.




If eyes could be filled with pride, these would be the ones.





About half of Everett's photos always turn out like this.



After a while, Chicken Little became boring, so we started making funny faces for the camera.

RRRRAAAAAAAARRRHHHHHH! He says.




He he he. I'm so funny, Mom.




"No, make a silly face," I told him.





"Eyes." He directed me, indicating he was going to be silly with the eyes and I'd better take a picture, now.










"Stick your tongue out," I said.




"Head."

Wait. Is this turning into some sort of anatomy lesson?




Oh yes. We can't forget the self-portrait.



And after a few times of "you do it, mom," I let him get me. He actually did pretty well.



Maybe I know where he gets all this silliness after all.

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

That little Everett is the cutest thing. I really want to squeeze him!

Thanks for telling me about your blog! I feel the same way about what you said about nap time. Forget cleaning and being productive, it's our time!!

I'm excited to have a new friend!

Jessica Brown said...

You are such a fun mom! That is all I have to say! Oh that, and you look gorgeous even making that silly face! :)