I don't know if this is progress or not (I have a hard time thinking it is), but Everett has changed the way he says some words.
Doggie:
Used to be "Dah-dah." Now it's "Daiy"
Cream Cheese:
was "ees", now "deh-tsee" (first two-syllable word! He has a lot of progress to make, but it's something.)
Floor:
was "meh", now "wohf"
Blanket:
was, well, I have no idea. Now: "nehs"
And so on. It is amazing I even understand what he is saying as much as I do, but it helps that he still uses the sign for "eat", "please", and can kind of say "help" ("op").
Whew. We've got so, so very far to go. Our official evaluation for the state of Indiana is scheduled for the 22nd. Everett just had a hearing screening to rule out any problems, and there weren't any except for an ear infection. This was a surprise to me! He has not given me any indication he is sick. Now we have to decide whether to take him in, since many doctors discourage the use of antibiotics for routine infections, and since he doesn't seem to be feeling poorly.
And, I'm doing my best to not feel discouraged. The light at the end of this particular tunnel is the evaluation. I just need to get some answers. Then it will be easier to stop "moping" (I hate moping) and start doing! Until then, we play the waiting game. . .
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
1 comments:
Even little progress is progress. I think that is great!
Post a Comment