Well, yesterday was Ashley's first birthday. I can't believe she is already a year old! The difference between an 11 month old and a 12 month old just amazes me--it's as though suddenly they are acting like a toddler instead of a baby. Here are some of her skills we're celebrating (disclaimer: It's all the usuall baby stuff. Skip if you have anything better to do, like cleaning out your sock drawer):
Walking, walking, walking everywhere. She is a pill at church now because she doesn't see a reason to sit and play anymore.
She can drink from an open cup.
She likes to use utensils with food.
She loves to be chased. She will do her little wobbly walk/run and laugh, and laugh, and laugh with delight. Then she'll inevitably fall on the floor, still giggling, and keep her face buried while she waits for the "attack."
She will walk around the house and gather things into containers she is holding.
When she sees me cleaning up toys, she comes over and helps me put them in the right containers.
She loves playing with cars and drives them around while making an "MMMMmmmmMMMMmmm" sound.
When I beckon to her to "come here," she grins at me and beckons back as she walks to me. It's like our secret sign language.
She knows these signs: more, milk, all done, eat. She mostly only uses the eat sign, and this is probably because I've been slacking on getting her to do them.
She loves it when Everett wakes her up.
I am still her favorite person :). She loves to put her face up against mine and wrap both her arms around my neck for a squeeze.
She is extremely patient in figuring things out. She loves to get Everett's leapfrog refrigerator letter toy and fit all the letters in, then press the ABC song button.
She loves throwing balls.
She loves climbing to the top of the playground set, sliding down the slide, then climbing back up the slide.
She has six teeth now, with two more coming in (I think).
As of yesterday, she is completely weaned.
AND, she is still as good-natured and easy going as ever, except when everyone is eating something without giving her any.
My one consolation with her growing up? She still loves coming into bed with me in the mornings for some extended snuggles. Even Everett is getting too old for that.
Later today we're going over to have dinner with some friends. I'm making Nie's Chocolate Cake. So far it looks like it will taste pretty good, but I can't vouch for the presentation. If you want to make an excellent cake, I highly recommend this one. Ashley would have been happy with just graham crackers, but where's the fun in that?!
Of course, here are some comparison pictures. Feel free to skip these, too. You've all seen them before :).
Pucker Up
4 days ago




6 comments:
I'm finally catching up on blogs! Happy Birthday to Ashley, yesterday! I'm totally amazed that you could wean her to the day. Your kiddos are adorable and you are such a great mom, Elise. I really mean in!
What a cute little girl! I heard about your blog through my sisters. You have such cute kids.
I was so excited to hear from you. I have been wondering what you were up to. I was telling Jeff about you and how we would walk around the stake center before stake conference since we were both there so early. I totally know what you are going through with Everett. Lauren's tantrums are identical, I couldn't have explained them better. But it seems to come in phases for us. Like for a week she is an angel and the next week she is devil child. Anyway glad to be in touch with you again.
I was so excited to hear from you. I have been wondering what you were up to. I was telling Jeff about you and how we would walk around the stake center before stake conference since we were both there so early. I totally know what you are going through with Everett. Lauren's tantrums are identical, I couldn't have explained them better. But it seems to come in phases for us. Like for a week she is an angel and the next week she is devil child. Anyway glad to be in touch with you again.
Sorry about double posting.
I can't believe she is 1! What a cutie!
Post a Comment