Sometimes it is really fun to have a 2 year old in the house.
Whenever he hurts himself, he brings the injured body part over and sweetly asks for me to kiss it better.
Somehow, this always works to erase the pain.
I'm not going to question it; I'm going to enjoy it until the last possible second.
And, I'm going to remember these moments during nights like tonight, in which a two and a half hour tantrum was held because some little boy had a multitude of problems with going to bed. Unfortunately for him, his parents had a multitude of problems with him staying up late. Guess who won, finally, at 10:30 pm?
{sigh.} At least I can look at my screaming little rascal and remember that he still finds magic in bubbles and healing kisses.
1 comments:
Yes the kiss it all better or lye next to me in bed only works for so long. In college, I was at home and had horrible stomach pains. I thought my appendix had ruptured (all the classic symptoms) and I went to my mom in the middle of the night and she told me to just lye in her bed with her. After about 5 minutes, I was still in horrible pain so I went back to my room, passed out and woke up in the morning. Fortunately for me it was not my appendix, but still, it no longer works. Enjoy it while it last because eventually it will not work.
Post a Comment