Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Little Things

Today was the first Sunday of Ashley's life that she wore socks with big girl shoes to church. It is a silly thing to notice, but it was kind of fun for me to see her in her "big girl" outfit. And, I finally fixed some of my seams on her Easter Dress. Hopefully with all the poof and ribbons it doesn't look too much like a men's dress shirt anymore. And yes, I'm two months late with the repairs. Go figure!

She was in such a good mood after church and she was having so much fun playing around (in our messy apartment), of course I had to get a picture or two. Is anyone surprised?





There is just something sweet about little girls in yellow. I don't know what it is, but it makes me smile.



(Blurry, but you can kind of see the cute navy maryjanes I picked up--for free--at our community clothing exchange)



My sister Maddy has always had a thing for stuffed animals. Every time Ashley grabs one (which is far more often than you'd expect), I think of my sister. It must be in the gene pool somewhere.


Unrelated Sidenote (you're welcome):

Ashley has taken to wrapping both arms around my neck, squeezing tight, and pressing her cheek against mine. It is a good thing she can't talk yet because if she ever asked me anything while hugging me like that, I don't think I'd be able to resist. And yes, she has been doing this to the stuffed animals long before she ever did it to me. I don't know what that means, but I am not complaining :).

1 comments:

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Was her dressed made out of a man's shirt? Did you made it? it was adorable. What a good Idea!!! She did look super cute yesterday.