Thursday, June 4, 2009

Trip To the Beach, or I Might As Well Just Give Up And Do a Picture Blog

Today we (and some friends) went to a beach on the shores of Lake Michigan. I was really impressed! Other than the fresh water and the lack of crowds, you'd think you were right in California somewhere. The sand was very soft, and there were even "sea" shells (lake shells?)

I took way too many pictures, and though I'm only posting some, there are still enough to make your eyeballs start twitching. I'm giving you fair warning.


I think this was one of the only times we were all standing this close together. The beaches weren't crowded so I let Everett wander.


I think I'll separate this into favorites. This is what Everett liked the most.



Dipping his feet in half an inch of water before he worked up the nerve to go farther into the cold waves.




Lobster sand toys.





Playing with the big kids (members of our ward).




Mimicking the seagulls (lakegulls? This is so confusing.)




Seeing how long it takes for your legs to get numb.




Dancing in the waves



Running from the waves.
(this is starting to sound like lousy song lyrics, isn't it?)



The huge playground. Of course.




Examining the seagull tracks.



ASHLEY LIKED:


Growing facial hair. Oh, wait. That's saliva-ed sand. Nix that.



Examining random things the lake brought in.




Um, lounging.




Playing with the big girls.





Eating the sand.




Examining the sand. . .before eating the sand.




Eating a sandwich. . . with bits of sand.
Are you sensing a pattern here, or is it just me?




Playing with someone's beach ball.




Uh. . .not giving back the beach ball. No way, Jose.




You can't tell here, but she's standing in the water. And yes, she's liking it, for the first 2.47 seconds.



Crawling in fun ways before deciding she likes her knees in the sand.





Hanging out with sitting by, but largely ignoring friends.



Yep, I think it's safe to say that the kids had fun. Ashley is sitting by me right now and pointing at the screen and jabbering as though to tell me what's happening. We'll definitely have to go back.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Way cute!! Looks like they had fun.

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

That beach was way fun, we wil have to go back, if not to that one to antother one. So fun, so glad you guys moved here, it so fun getting to know you guys and having someone to hang out with.