Everett has loved stickers for quite some time now, often placing them somewhere on his face rather than his shirt.
I knew this going into our move to Indiana, so I bought a book of 600 stickers for him to enjoy during the long car ride. I gave him a choice between three sticker books: Pixar's Cars, Curious George, or animals of every kind, complete with nature scenes. I was pleased to note that he immediately chose the animals.
He certainly loved them. For a good portion of the car ride, Everett resembled a Christmas tree, that is, if Christmas trees are little and have round-ish heads.
Everett is also at that tricky age where it is difficult for him to control his wiggles during church. He does a great job, and generally we have very few problems with him, but I am always on the lookout for a quiet activity he can do during the talks.
I finally came up with one that I think will work for quite some time. I went and got a sticker book filled with more animals ("reusable stickers!" it said, though I didn't really notice anything different about them). I made a vinyl sleeve, put a couple of nature pictures in it, and let Everett go to town. I did limit him on the number of stickers he could play with, but he had a great amount of fun fixing them into different positions on the page. When Sacrament meeting was over, his page looked like this:
I don't know if Butterflies like to swarm elephants and polar bears in real life, but it sure looks like fun here.
I'm hoping this will work well for him next week as well. Do any of you have good suggestions for Sacrament meeting activities? I'm sort of in the middle of brainstorming a small, folded flannel-board with scripture story characters. Has anyone seen anything like this?
I'm hoping this will work well for him next week as well. Do any of you have good suggestions for Sacrament meeting activities? I'm sort of in the middle of brainstorming a small, folded flannel-board with scripture story characters. Has anyone seen anything like this?
1 comments:
Ha. Stickers are great! I love keeping them with me at church to give to little unsuspecting kids.
However, this Sunday I tried to give one to a little kid that gave one back to me! It shocked me, but was pretty funny. Never has a child given back a sticker.
It looks like he is enjoying stickers and Indiana.
Post a Comment