Well, it's been getting hotter here. Today it got all the way up to the mid 80's, with plenty of humidity (yes, I know those of you in Virginia are rolling your eyes at me right now). Overall, I feel very fortunate; this year we have experienced the longest spring we possibly could have. It started in March when we were in Virginia, and now, all the way in June, we're juuuuuust starting to get our first 80 degree weather. It's been great!
We pulled out some little kiddie pools today and had a pretty good time with our neighbors. It's amazing how fun a few inches of water can be.
Even though the water was frigid, Ashley plopped right in and stayed there.
These pools were a dumpster find! Nice, huh? It is common knowledge here that when you move out, you put your extra belongings by the dumpster (yes, not in, not even touching) so anyone can use them.
Ashley was by herself most of the time, as the other kids preferred running around, but she was pretty content to just watch.

The sprinkler is always a great hit. Suddenly Everett is looking older to me. He is my little buddy--he likes to go everywhere with me, even to take out the trash. Today we went to a whole bunch of stores and he was content to just be with me. I wonder how much longer this will last.
AND, I finally got around to using up those strawberries we picked. I pulled them out of the freezer today, and. . .
Strawberry-rhubarb pie (for Joel's Father's Day dinner) and strawberry freezer jam. I just hope it all tastes good!
Somehow, these things make it seem even more like summer to me. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the summer foods, even if I don't like the heat! What about you? What are your favorite summer foods?
0 comments:
Post a Comment