Major, major, major winter storms have been forecast for this area tonight, tomorrow, and this weekend. It wouldn't be a worry except for the impossible amount of ice that covers every existing surface (they're talking 1/2 inch or more) during these types of storms.
The point is, Joel has been excruciatingly busy at work because they are finishing up auditing reports (don't ask me the details because that is about all I know) for Fannie Mae, due Monday. What does this mean? A weekend jam-packed with work with no time to spare.
Don't get the point yet? I'll get to it then: basically, Joel's auditing team cannot afford the three hours it would inevitably take (one way, mind you) for him to traverse impassible roads and battle impossible traffic. What was Deloitte's solution? To put Joel up in a hotel Downtown nearby his work location. This means Everett and I are alone, without a car, for an undetermined amount of time (worst case scenario: extending through Monday, but most likely just for tonight).
All I have to say is that this better be THE storm of all storms, or they will have one nasty pregnant wife to contend with.
(by the way, is it insane of me to sneak Everett in bed with me tonight? I probably won't end up doing it, but you never know what late-night bumps and creaks will entice me do.)
The point is, Joel has been excruciatingly busy at work because they are finishing up auditing reports (don't ask me the details because that is about all I know) for Fannie Mae, due Monday. What does this mean? A weekend jam-packed with work with no time to spare.
Don't get the point yet? I'll get to it then: basically, Joel's auditing team cannot afford the three hours it would inevitably take (one way, mind you) for him to traverse impassible roads and battle impossible traffic. What was Deloitte's solution? To put Joel up in a hotel Downtown nearby his work location. This means Everett and I are alone, without a car, for an undetermined amount of time (worst case scenario: extending through Monday, but most likely just for tonight).
All I have to say is that this better be THE storm of all storms, or they will have one nasty pregnant wife to contend with.
(by the way, is it insane of me to sneak Everett in bed with me tonight? I probably won't end up doing it, but you never know what late-night bumps and creaks will entice me do.)

0 comments:
Post a Comment