Wednesday, February 27, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS!

If you will all indulge me for a minute here, I want to take a minute (or four) to brag about my wonderful, deeply intelligent, and talented husband.

Joel spent the summer months of this past year studying for and taking the four CPA exams for the state of Virginia. Apparently he just received an email from someone (unfortunately I don't know who, but to be frank, it really doesn't matter) informing him that he scored in the top ten in the entire state for the year of 2007.

When Joel told me, I thought, "cool. Top ten percent. No surprise there".

Then he put the clincher in there:

"No, I mean, top ten as in people. I'm number nine".

! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Maybe I'm the only one who is excited about this, but I think it is pretty cool that he was the ninth-highest scorer in the entire state of Virginia.

Joel, always the modest one, ended the conversation by saying:

"Well, who knows, it might not be that big of a deal. I mean, what if only fifteen people passed?".

Yeah, right.

3 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Joel! That's really awesome.

Jessica Brown said...

That is so awesome Joel! Congradulations!

I guess all those games of playing Hearts did you some good hu?

Maybe you and Elise could come to Seattle and I could shoot the moon again. Wouldn't that be fun? :)

Melissa and Aaron said...

Congrats Joel! That's awesome!