Friday, February 8, 2008

Diaper Rash!

Lately (and by "lately", I mean the over last couple of weeks) Everett has had the worst diaper rash, ever. Well, for him anyway. It has been bleeding and raw, and he has just cried every time I changed his diaper. Poor guy. Anyway, I have been trying all sorts of creams and ointments and nothing has been working. You would think I'd have learned by now, because he never seems to respond really well to creams.

In a desperate attempt to find a solution, yesterday I looked online to find some home remedies for diaper rash (after all, the pioneers had to have something, right?). I found quite a few options, but the one that looked the most promising was to brown some flour in a pan and put that in his diaper when it was changed.

So, that's what I did. I nixed the wipes in favor of damp paper towels so the chemicals wouldn't bother him, and I loaded him up with golden brown flour. In one day, his diaper rash has gotten so much better, and I'm hoping that over the next couple of days it will heal completely.

It's a good thing this works, because all those creams and ointments were sure expensive! It is nice to have a very cheap option that I know works and that I usually have a large supply of.

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Thank you for sharing such great advice and remedies!