Yep, that's right, Everett now has a new bed! I have been watching craigslist for toddler beds for the past couple of months, and I have seen some good deals on beds I like, but this one really caught my eye (and it was nice because the people who had it lived less than 10 minutes away). It is solid wood and in pristine condition. They were only charging 45 dollars for the bed and the mattress, and when I got there she threw in a bunch (as in, 10) sheets, two waterproof matress pads, and the blanket you see, for absolutely nothing! It was wonderful.
I felt so blessed because I only had the car one day this month (for a doctor's appointment), and that was the very day I saw the bed advertised and went to buy it. Since Joel is extra busy this month, he gets back too late from work to go pick up any beds, so I knew it was then or never. Also, it was exactly the style we were looking for, it goes perfectly with the rest of the nursery furniture, the price was right, and the timing was right, because we need to get Everett conditioned a while before the baby comes. Plus, she threw in all that extra stuff so we are set for a long time. I feel so grateful and I am so glad Heavenly Father is willing to help, even with the unimportant things.
Everett was excited to climb around on his bed and went right to sleep on his pillow (which he seemed to really enjoy, seeing as he didn't have a pillow in the crib), but he woke up more times than I can count last night. As a general rule he was good about going back to sleep, but I know it will probably take a little while before he gets used to the new situation. It was partially our fault because we had to put the bed together, so he stayed up later than he should have. We all know what that does to little kids. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.
He sure doesn't look like a baby anymore, now that he is in a "real" (ish) bed. It is exciting, and I think I don't feel sad about losing my baby because I know I have another tiny baby coming soon.
So, this is my testimonial for craigslist. You gotta love it!
4 comments:
Wow! That is really neat! I'm glad that you found such a great deal. It's perfect. It's wonderful that it all worked out for you. He does look so big!
It looks just perfect in his room. That is one cute toddler!
What a cute little toddler bed. I love Craigslist. They have the best stuff, so does KSL.com but that wouldn't be useful to you! Cute Cute!!
Elise that is so exciting. But wait? What happened to baby Everett? It sounds like he did really well in his bed. If I were to move Liv to a new bed I know exactly what would happen. I would give her oh . . .five minutes before the whole room was dumped inside out. Luckily were in no rush to move her. She needs a little time to mature! :)
Post a Comment