Firstly, and most importantly (to me), Everett's diaper rash has HEALED! Oh, marvelousness. After weeks of struggling with Everett's bleeding bottom, I was elated to find a healed heinie this morning. I was so excited about it I almost took a picture to show all of you . . . but then I re-gained my sanity. Consider yourselves lucky--for now; this pregnancy is eeking away every inch of logic and reasoning I previously possessed (which, admittedly, wasn't much to start with).
Also, in other Everett news, he has finally decided that using sign language is indeed something he wants to do. Over the past few months when I would coach him with it, he would look at me as if to say "now just why would I do that when you will give me what I want anyway?". Point taken. Over the past couple of days, he adopted "more", "please", and "all done", and this morning he asked for "help" with no prompting on my part. Before this past week, he would only beckon us and make the sign for "milk". I think he is ready to learn a new sign every day, he is picking things up that quickly now. Maybe "thank you" should be next.
So, last night when we were with some fabulous friends of ours having dessert and Everett gleaned a few bites out of us, he walked around for the duration of the night making the sign for "more", mooching off of anyone who would give him the courtesy. At least it was a whole bunch of positive reinforcement, even though I think all that sugar did him little good since he woke up--hourly--all night long. Thanks for sharing your dessert though, everyone.
As a side note, Joel has recently informed me that being pregnant and being fat are one-and-the-same. (yes, honey, those were your exact words). Pregnant women may have deteriorating (or non-existent) memories, but I can promise that we remember those types of things far longer than humanly possible. It's a good thing he's such a wonderful husband, or I may have to hold this against him for, oh, the rest of his life (which, if you believe as we do, extends through eternity). Better start groveling, honey!
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
3 comments:
Elise, it is so great I finally found your blog! It sounds like you are all doing well, now that the diaper rash is gone! I don't know what you decided, but I really like the name Adrianne--or however it is spelled! Darling!
What a fabulous post! You are such a fun writer! I was laughing out loud. I love hearing about these cute stories!
Well hello girls. Isn't this just a little reunion of the primary presidency.
Elise I love your blog too. So funny about Joel. And thats awesome that Everett signs. I wish Olivia would sign more too!
Post a Comment