I've decided that Everett is definitely ready to learn more signs, and here's why: every time he wants something that he can't express with the signs he does know, he will go through all the signs he does know in the hopes that I will somehow figure out what he wants. Here is a typical conversation:
Everett: Yooowwwwl. Moan! MAAAAAAAHHHH!
Me: What is it that you want, Sweetie?
Everett: "eat"..."more"..."help"...."more" AAAAAAAHHHH "All done"-"Please"...."Eat".......MAAAAH! (desperate, pleading look right to me)
Me: Uhhmm. Okay, do you want to read a book?
Everett: (more of the above)
Me: How about we play with your ball?
Everett: (more of the above, but 100 decibles louder)
Me: Do you want some milk?
Everett: Yelling! Screaming! Throwing himself on the floor and crying!
........Well, you get the picture. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to teach him next, because unfortunately I'm at the end of my signing knowledge as well. Any suggestions, anyone? Maybe I'll have to take a peek at the library. Poor guy. It must be hard to be a toddler and not have people know what you are trying to say.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
1 comments:
I found this website that I like! You can search for words and then they have a little video of someone showing you how to sign them. It's pretty cool. I saved it in my favorites.
http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm
Post a Comment