I have been reflecting today about how grateful I am for my little Everett, and for what a sweetheart he absolutely is. I know all parents feel similarly about their children, and I think that is wonderful. As much as I love my child (and girl child-to-be), I know that I still cannot comprehend how much my Father in Heaven perfectly loves me and each of His other children. He loves us more perfectly than we love our own children, yet He still witholds things that we think we need, things that we just know we ought to have, things that we really really want right now, because He loves us so much. And, at the same time, He is waiting to grant us more blessings than we even know are waiting for us. What a testimony.
Maybe I'll remember this the next time I'm frustrated that Everett wants umpteen more pieces of sweet tart candy hearts. What are the "candy hearts" I think I just have to have, but really aren't all that good for me?
Maybe I'll remember this the next time I'm frustrated that Everett wants umpteen more pieces of sweet tart candy hearts. What are the "candy hearts" I think I just have to have, but really aren't all that good for me?

2 comments:
Oh Elise.. this is so profound. Especially the last paragraph.. I am sure that our knowledge and behavior is but that of a child compared to our Father. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I've been thinking about this post off and on since I read it yesterday and appreciate the sincere thoughtfulness you share. Thinking about this has made a difference for me.
Post a Comment