I am sitting here using the computer in the living room and watching Everett stay glued to the TV screen. He has been sitting still for 20 minutes plus! I don't think using TV as a babysitter is a good idea, but this sure has been a good way to help him wind down for a nap.
I first tried it yesterday because I noticed that everytime a dog or cat is on TV he gets really excited about it. We happen to own the move "The Fox and the Hound", so I decided to put that in and see how he did with it. He was absolutely entranced, and it is great! Of course, he is too young to watch the whole thing, or even more than 20 or 25 minutes or so, but it is nice that he will sit still for that amount of time. He especially likes the songs, and will do a little bobbing dance to them.
Yesterday I watched it with him sitting on my lap, and he snuggled with me for a little while but then got too excited to sit still. He would jump up and run to the TV and point at everything, and then realize that he still wanted to snuggle, so he would come back and lean on me. Then he would race to the TV again. Today he is snuggling with his stuffed kitty on a blanket.
It makes me want to find a short video set with real dogs and cats (not animated) because I think he would get even more excited about those. Anyone know of any good picks?
Pucker Up
4 days ago
2 comments:
That is so cute. I know it... Jayden is already into the TV. But only when there is music and bright colors...like cartoons, or sesame street or something. My aunt told me that sesame street time is your chance to take a shower. lol. She put her kids in their high chairs in front of the TV, with some cheerios and ran to take her shower. What a great mother's helper!
I hate to say it, but I am so jealous! Liv is not interested in the TV or even Disney movies at all. She is getting very interactive and really wants a play mate, I think I'm going to have to work on that!
Post a Comment