Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Computer Fun


I found this great reference yesterday to an online baby game website, so Everett and I tried it out this morning. He was absolutely entranced and had so much fun with it! Most of these games involved pounding random keys on the keyboard, so it would have been easier if we weren't using a laptop, but he did well nonetheless.
Later when he wanted to come back to the computer, he got so excited when I lifted him up to join me that his little body was trembling and he was giggling. How cute.
We also loved National Geographic's animals website. Everett loved watching some of the animal videos, and especially liked the one about pampered dogs. I liked it because it wasn't too boring for me, and Everett liked it because of all the animals he could point at and mimic. National Geographic Kids also has a promising website with more videos of animals, but Everett and I haven't looked at that one yet.
I like the idea of animal videos, because animal identification is what I'm currently working on with Everett. So far he knows: dog, cat, bird, squirrel, and teddy bear (okay, not really an animal), and can make the sounds for dog and cat (whether they sound authentic is another issue). It will be fun to get him familiar with more animals and more animal sounds.
Last night I watched a NOVA special on chimpanzees, and it was so interesting I was completely captivated for the full hour. It made me want to go out and get nature videos geared toward kids, so that when my kids are older they can watch and learn something interesting rather than just watching cartoons. Yes, I know I'm being a little too idealistic. Still, I'll keep my eye out. . .

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

That is so cute! I love that you have a little boy just older than my Jayden so I can watch and learn. :)

Jessica Brown said...

Ok that is my new favorite thing! Thanks Elise!