I've just made an amazing discovery! I came up with a delicious way to make pita bread into cheesy, garlicy goodness. It is so easy and so good (and versatile), and it definitely satisfied my craving today. Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENTS:
Pita Pockets (round, whole)
Butter/margarine/butter spread
garlic (minced or powdered)
rosemary
mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS:
INGREDIENTS:
Pita Pockets (round, whole)
Butter/margarine/butter spread
garlic (minced or powdered)
rosemary
mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS:
- Slice the mozzarella cheese into your desired width.
- Take a pita and slice open the pocket near one of the edges (the incision only has to be a couple of inches long).
- Slide the slices of cheese into the pocket, making sure to fill the middle completely.
- Spread the top with butter and sprinkle with garlic and rosemary
- Put into a 400-425 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden around the edges (not too long or it will get crisp). You just want the cheese to have a chance to melt.
- Cut the finished bread into fourths with a pizza cutter.
- Devour!
Had I had foresight, I would have taken a picture to show y'all how tempting it is. Maybe I'll make it again soon and add a picture later.
Ideas to make this different:
- add slices of cooked bacon or (or any kind of meat) in the middle with the cheese
- use multiple kinds of cheeses
- put tomato sauce in the middle
- use cream cheese/cinnamon and sugar (cook it for less time, until the butter has melted in)
- cream cheese and jam in the middle
- put thinly sliced tomatoes on the top or on the inside
- avacados!
There are many, many more, but this is just what I thought of at this moment. Enjoy!
1 comments:
Ooooooo that sounds yummy! Especialy during this pregnancy... :) I made homemade pizza the other day that hit the spot.. this sounds so delicious though.
Post a Comment